Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some Thoughts

I read a great blog entry today about responding to your baby's needs with compassion no matter what time of day (or night). It got me thinking about Samantha and what I am willing to do to ensure that she is happy and healthy.

Pat and I told people for years that we were not going to have children. We both honestly felt that way and did not expect our feelings to change. I think that if I had gotten pregnant during that time that there would have been some level of resentment toward the baby. I absolutely would have loved the baby, but I was still too selfish to be the Mom that I am able to be today. I'm so glad that we waited until we were truly ready to welcome a child into our lives.

Samantha is such a joy, but she definitely has her difficult moments. Whenever she has a fussy time, I'm able to be patient and loving with her. I would gladly wake up a hundred times a night if she needed me. I know that the difficult moment will pass and she'll be back to my happy, smiling baby soon. For now, I'm enjoying every moment of watching her grow.

No comments: