Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

Never a dull moment at the Vogt house!  Most of our friends and family know what's been going on recently, but I thought I'd put it here too.  The biggest change would have to be that Pat is currently in Afghanistan for a year-long deployment.  The deployment was very unexpected, and kind of had us scrambling to fit in some quality family time and get things ready for Baby Vogt that we didn't think needed to be done until September/October.

We did manage to squeeze in a family trip to Jamaica.  We went to the Beaches resort in Ochos Rios and had a fabulous time.  They had a water park area for kids with lots of different slides, a nice shallow beach area, and tons of activities with the Seasame Street characters.  Sammy had an amazing time, and mentions frequently that she would like to go back.





Since Pat has been gone, I've been working on settling Sammy into a new routine.  The mornings are pretty easy, but you can tell she's missing have Daddy around in the evenings and on weekends.  I figure just about the time things have calmed down, Little Man will make his appearance, and we'll get to deal with craziness all over again.

Speaking of Little Man, he's doing great.  Everything is progressing along smoothly, and aside from occasionally using my bladder as a trampoline and my ribs as monkey bars, he's a pretty mellow kiddo so far.  Fingers crossed that he continues to be mellow out in the real world!  I really like the midwife that we're using, and I'm looking forward to having this little guy in the comfort of our own home.  My mom is going to come stay with us for a while to help out with the baby and Sammy, but its nice knowing that we don't have to worry about getting me to a hospital and all the logistics surrounding a hospital stay.

Well, hopefully that explains why things have been so quiet on the blog front.  I'm sure I'll have a lot more to post about once we have a new adorable baby in the house.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

You will be a great home birther...Can't wait to read the story!