Wednesday, August 25, 2010

5 Year Anniversary

Five years ago (tomorrow) I started the day off at the hair salon during a torential downpour while Pat was getting soaked on the golf course. It was not the most promising start to what was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. By some miracle, the sun was out by the time my veil was in place and we were ready to leave. The rest of the day has the golden hue of sunshine in my mind.

Year 1 of marriage was hard, but not because we were deciding who got the bigger closet or which person had to give up their furniture that wouldn't fit in the newly-merged space. I spent the first year mailing care packages and waiting for the phone to ring while Pat was risking his life every day.


Year 2 brought Pat's return (Yay!) and the purchase of our first home. Now we got to bicker over closet space and furniture. :-) Years 3 and 4 were spent making our home in Waynesville. Life was good, but we began to feel that someone was missing from our family.


Year 5 was eventful! We moved across the country and welcomed our beautiful baby girl into our life. I feel so lucky to be living the life that I'm living, and I can't wait to see what the next 5 years have in store for us! Happy anniversary, Pat. I love you.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's not nice to make your mother-in-law cry! :) We have loved having you in the family for the past 5 years too......and look forward to decades more! Happy Anniversary!