Friday, August 27, 2010

That's Crafty

As I've posted before, I've had a strong desire to get in touch with my inner crafter since becoming a mom. My own mom was always very crafty growing up, and we had elaborate Halloween costumes (I seem to recall an impressive pair of Popple costumes) and enviable teacher gifts to show for it.


Unfortunately, my artistic talent is pretty limited. Well, I think I may have found my perfect crafting tool. It's called a Silhouette SD. It looks a lot like a printer, but you hook it up to your computer, create an image using it's software, and it either cuts it out or draws it for you. It's like a die-cutting maching and plotter all in one, and I am in love!

I got it all set up in about 10 minutes yesterday, and then put a little embellishment on Samantha's crib using adhesive vinyl in about 15 minutes today. It looks like I stenciled it on there, but if I ever want to change it I can peel it right off. The only thing stopping me from decorating every wall in the house is the fact that our walls are so textured that I don't think it would look right. I plan to try my hand at making some cards next!



No comments: