Monday, August 4, 2008

TDY

Pat is out of town for work until Wednesday. For some reason, my body decides that it can function on much less food and sleep while he is gone. When he is not out of town, my stomach is growling uncontrollably at 5:30 PM. Today, I sat down at the piano sometime after work and played until 6:30, at which point I decided I should go get myself a Subway sandwich. I could have not eaten, but I figured I probably should.

I'm also the girl who normally falls asleep on the couch if I dare to recline at all. It could be 8:30, and I'll be sound asleep. When Pat is gone, I often don't close my eyes until well after midnight. I'm not looking forward to trying to drift off peacefully tonight while being serenaded by the swarms of cicadas that live around our house. Maybe I'll force Mimi to snuggle up with me so that I'm not alone in the bed.



No comments: