Monday, February 23, 2009

Saw the Heartbeat Today!!!!

I had my first ultrasound this morning. It was a rough day up until that point, so I was so glad to get some good news. I had my appointment at the hospital on post in the morning. They had a really hard time finding a good vein to do my bloodwork. I ended up being stuck 3 times, and they had to dig around a bit to finally find one. I hope I don't bruise too badly.

When I got to the hospital in Rolla for my ultrasound, my Dr.'s office hadn't faxed the order to registration. It took almost 45 minutes for them to fax the order in. It wouldn't have been so bad, except that you have to have a full bladder when having an ultrasound this early in pregnancy. That means I desperately needed to use the bathroom by the time the ultrasound was finished.

Even after all that, all was forgiven as soon as I saw the little heart fluttering away. The heart rate was 150 beats per minute. I feel so relieved...maybe now I'll be ready to start telling people.

No comments: