Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Take that Housing Market!

We received an offer for our asking price on our house today, and we've accepted it! Closing is scheduled for July 31st. It's happening a little more quickly than I had expected it to, but I'd much rather sell the house sooner than we want than be stuck with it later. I'm definitely glad that the showings are over. We've only had 4, but it's dificult to have to leave the house with only 15 minutes notice, especially when I'm working from home.

I realized today that I'm actually going to be a little sad to leave this house. It's the first house that Pat and I have lived in together. We'll also be leaving behind some good friends and family that will be hard to say good-bye to. We're going to stay in town for a couple of weeks after closing so that Pat can out-process and finish up his Masters. We're tentatively looking at hitting the road on August 14th. A road trip with a pregnant lady and a sassy cat! Sounds fun, right?

1 comment:

The Tooles said...

Wahoo! So happy you sold it so fast...I can only assume they do not know about your "prehistoric insect" issues. Let us know if you need a roof over your head for a while. We'd be glad to help=)